Total maintains its position as a UN Global Compact LEAD Company
Total is proud to maintain its position as a Global Compact LEAD company.
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies around the world to align their operations and strategies with 10 universally accepted Principles in the areas of human rights, labour, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues embodied in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The UN Global Compact is a leadership platform for the development, implementation and disclosure of responsible corporate practices. Launched in 2000, it is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with more than 13 000 participants in over 170 countries, and nearly 70 Local Networks.
To be eligible for LEAD, a company must:
- Be a Participant of the UN Global Compact and have committed to its Ten Principles;
- Be a participant in at least two UN Global Compact Action Platforms to demonstrate the company’s engagement with the UN Global Compact and commitment to defining and fostering leadership practices in line with the Ten Principles and the Global Goals; and
- Submit or commit to submitting an Advanced Communication on Progress — an annual sustainability report detailing progress on implementing the Ten Principles.
Total participates in three Global Compact Action Platforms namely:
- The Reporting on the SDGs Action Platform
- The Decent work in global supply chains action Platform
- And the Action Platform for Sustainable Ocean Business
Every year, the Group also publishes its Communication on Progress at the advanced level.