- Promote equal opportunity, a more international workforce and diversity at all levels of the company.
- Create and maintain a good working environment, through respect, non-discrimination and appropriate health and safety conditions.
- Promote personal and career development through offering training, managing competencies, assessing performance, implementing return on experience, providing information and building a consensus
|Suppliers, Service Providers Contractors
- Deploy our Fundamental Corporate Responsibility Principles for Purchasing and cascade our responsible purchasing policy.
- Promote local content in all of our host countries.
- Select industrial and business partners who comply with our safety, health, environment, ethics and quality policies.
- Guarantee direct contact to private and professional customers.
- Forge partnerships for and with our customers to offer them a highly visible lineup of up-to-date, innovative products and services.
- Listen to our customers, notably through our customer service centers.
- Offer eco-efficient products and services through our Total Ecosolutions program.
|Investors, Individual Shareholders
- Deliver exemplary financial and corporate social responsibility performance.
- Engage in dialogue, provide information, facilitate the exercise of their rights and build sustainable relationships.
|Host Countries, Politicians Governments
- Not to interfere in the political processes of our host countries.
- Build long-term relationships in the public sphere.
- Transparently and effectively participate in the main organizations dealing with energy-related issues.
- Uphold the rules of free competition and reject corruption in all forms.
- Support governments' efforts towards advancing transparency in accordance with the EITI framework, and advocate for the public disclose by countries of their Petroleum contracts and licenses.
|Neighbors, Local Communities
- Deploy our Societal Policy and Directive, adopted in 2012, to apply our community engagement standards across the company.
- Establish permanent organizations to engage with neighboring communities.
- Consistently use our stakeholder relationship management tool, SRM+, to help site and affiliate managers implement community development initiatives in liaison with local communities.
- Help to drive local economic development.
- Be honest, transparent and educational.
- Publicly pledge to participate in discussions of issues to which we can make an informed contribution.
- Communicate responsibly.
- Appoint a dedicated contact for NGOs in the Public Affairs Division.
- Form local partnerships in our host countries, through dialogue.
- Participate actively in the initiatives of the Global Compact (LEAD platform), IPIECA, the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights (VPSHR), the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP) and the World Business Council on Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- Engage in dialog and share best practices on corporate responsibility within these organizations.
- Help to advance global governance