To conduct our business and carry out our operations, in 2016 we rely on:
- 102,168 employees.
- A network of 140,000 suppliers.
- Investors, of which 87.2% are institutional investors, 7.9% individual shareholders and 4.9% employees.
Total has generated in 2016 149.7 billion US dollars in revenue, for an adjusted net income of 8.3 billion US dollars, and we reinvest a portion of our revenue as follows:
- Gross capital expenditure of 20.5 billion US dollars.
- 1.05 billion US dollars on R&D.
- 1.26 billion US dollars on exploration.
Thus we have created in 2016 value for our stakeholders:
- 8.2 billion US dollars in salaries and payroll expenses,
- 2.8 billion US dollars in dividends paid to shareholders,
- about 37 billion US dollars of goods and services purchased from suppliers,
- 428 million US dollars in community spending.