OBJECTIVES AND COMMITMENTS HEALTH AND SAFETY
For Total, being committed to better energy means, first of all, guaranteeing the safety of its employees and stakeholders, its installations and products. It also implies protecting the health of all those connected to, whether directly or indirectly, its activities.
- Goal: To be recognized as a reference in the area of safety within its industry and to achieve a zero fatal accident rate
- Commitment: To preserve the health of employees, customers and communities in the vicinity of the Group’s activities.
OBJECTIVES AND COMMITMENTS CLIMATE
The challenges posed by climate change stand at the heart of Total’s strategic vision. The goal: to help keep global warming below 2°C by 2100. Thanks to three levers: improving the carbon intensity of the production mix, developing low-carbon businesses including renewable energies, and improving energy efficiency.
- Ensure gas makes up more than 60% of the Group’s hydrocarbon mix by 2035.
- An 80% reduction in routine flaring between 2010 and 2020 with the aim of eliminating routine flaring by 2030.
- An average annual 1% improvement in the energy efficiency of operated installations between 2010 and 2020.
Low carbon activities
- Low carbon activities(a) are expected to make up almost 20% of the Group’s portfolio within the next 20 years.
- To promote the responsible use of energy among Group customers by providing them with solutions (products and services).
- To reach 25 M people in Africa by 2020 thanks to decentralized energy solutions.
(a) Downstream gas, renewable energies, energy storage, energy efficiency, cleaner fuels and carbon capture, usage and storage techniques.
OBJECTIVES AND COMMITMENTS environment
The Group upholds the highest environmental standards. Aim: to improve the environmental performance of its installations and products.
- Goal: To reduce SO2(a) emissions by 50% between 2010 and 2020.
- Goals: To maintain hydrocarbon content of water discharges below 30 mg/l for offshore sites and at 15 mg/l for onshore and coastal sites by 2020.
- Commitment: The Group reclaims more than half of its waste and continues its efforts in this area.
- TOTAL does not conduct oil and gas exploration or production operations at natural sites included on the UNESCO World Heritage List(b) or in oil fields under sea ice in the Arctic.
- The Group systematically develops biodiversity action plans for production sites located in protected areas(c).
(a) SO2 : sulfur dioxide, produced during the burning of fossil fuel.
(b) Natural sites included on the UNESCO World Heritage List of June 4, 2013.
(c) Sites located in IUCN I to IV or Ramsar convention protected areas.
OBJECTIVES DIVERSITY AND GENDER DIVERSITY
The Group promotes equal treatment for men and women through a global policy of gender diversity. In terms of compensation, specific measures have been in place since 2010 to prevent and correct unjustified salary gaps.
The Group’s target for 2020 is :
- 25% of women senior executives
- 40% non-French nationals executives
- More than 20% of women in management committees (head office and subsidiaries).